Interested in project management and have strong analytical and technical skills? If so, this Project Engineer job in Liverpool could be perfect for you! You'd be joining a hugely well-established business, that is the UK's leading dairy food company as well as a globally recognised FMCG company.
In this Project Engineer job, you will be joining a market-leading dairy food company whose widely recognisable products include Clover, Cathedral City, Utterly Butterly and Country Life. They are a household name within the FMCG sector, and have multiple offices up and down the UK. As they continue to grow year-on-year, they are now looking to find a technically confident Project Engineer to join their team in Liverpool.
In this Project Engineer job in Liverpool, you will be supporting the Site CapEx, Utilities & Facilities Manager, and will be responsible for managing multiple local capital investment projects from conception right through to completion. You will be working closely with a number of in-house project teams - including R&D, Technical Development, End Users, IT and Logistics, as well as working alone on a range of mini-projects. You'll need to be both highly adaptable, organised, and have 2 years' project management experience, as you'll be responsible for delivering a range of different projects on time and on budget!
In this Project Engineer job, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing contractors and third party contracts to ensure the best project delivery
- Monitoring engineering capital projects and delivering them within time and financial constraints
- Implementing and monitoring engineering best practices, including asset care and improvement programs in project design
- Being aware of new technologies and identifying where to apply such technology for the benefit of the business
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements are met and that audits / accreditations are achieved against all relevant legislative standards to improve Health and Safety standards
So, what are we looking for?
- A 2.1 from a good university, ideally in Engineering or similar
- 2 years+ project management experience
- Ideally, some experience or knowledge of the dairy or FMCG industry
- Someone who is technically-minded
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and negotiate across all levels and functions
- A high level of personal and professional commitment to both the company and each project
- A strong desire to learn and to take responsibility for his or her personal development
- A creative thinker
- Someone who is able to present ideas in a practical and pragmatic style
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team with other interested parties (e.g. contractors) to overcome obstacles
- Strong analytical and planning skills, as well as decision making skills
- Someone who strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Proven budgetary control skills and good IT literacy
What else is on offer?
- A competitive starting salary of between £24,000 - £30,000
- The chance to work for a globally recognised FMCG company
- The opportunity to work closely with senior members of staff and learn from their expertise
- Up to 5% bonus potential
- A generous 25 days holiday per year + 8 bank holidays
- Death in service
- Pension contribution - at a ratio of 1:1.25% with a maximum of 8% from the employee
- Discounted branded Dairy Crest products
- Free on-site car parking
- Subsidised staff restaurant
Looking for project management jobs in Liverpool and want to join a leading FMCG company? If you're a technical graduate with some project management experience, apply for this Project Engineer job in Liverpool today!