BMR Solutions is currently looking to recruit Electronics Inspectors to work for our client who is a manufacturing / engineering company based in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
Job Title: Electronics Inspector
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Sector: Manufacturing / Production / Engineering / Electronics / Rail / SMT / IPC / PCB
- Inspection of electronic equipment to agreed design specifications and quality standards.
- To provide active support of lean manufacturing methods and participation in process and quality improvement activities.
- Inspection of electronic products at all stages of production and repair as well as, after training and assessment, the final authorisation of QAC's prior to shipping.
- First and final inspection of a variety of PCB's, sub-assemblies, modules and units.
- Identification of fault trends and implementation of corrective action to prevent recurrence of problems is key to this role.
- Full assessment of products returned from customers for modification and repair will be undertaken.
- Effective liaison with test engineering and production engineering team
The successful candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements:-
- Electronic component recognition,
- Basic soldering skills (ideally IPC certified)
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of both conventional and SMT processes as well as unit assembly processes.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of ISO 9001 2000 workmanship standards.
- Good communication skills, self-motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment, also has to be able to work on own initiative.
- Good level of PC literacy.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Positive and methodical approach to work with emphasis on flexibility.
BMR Solutions acts in the capacity of an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.