Weekend Senior QA Inspector
Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit a Senior QA Inspector to ensure our customers quality standards are maintained. To ensure we carry out customer’s instructions as agreed. To be accountable if applicable for weekend production control and planning of the site, manufacturing a product / process or family of products / processes. Using the resources provided, to assume the production supervisor role during his/her absence due to illness or holidays.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Book in components ensuring customers paperwork is in order Inspect components - good attention to detail required.
- Liaise with the Site Head of Quality AND Chief Inspector over Quality/paperwork issues.
- Carry out contract review on customers’ work.
- Raise job packs and route cards.
- Raise release notes/delivery notes.
- Organise logistics for out-going work.
- Inspect own work to identify trends & maintain quality standards.
- Maintain a tidy/safe working environment.
- Review of calibrations, surveys, consumables, for compliance.
- Take the initiative in carrying out Surveys and SAT checks.
- Housekeeping - maintain the highest possible environmental standards within the site, ensuring the effective use of all services.
- To be site representative for the health, safety at weekend if applicable, and welfare of all personnel working in, or visiting the site, fully understanding and observing the site/group/company discipline.
- Update and planning of jobs over weekend period if applicable.
- Reporting issues to QA Manager and / or AWM if applicable to shift.
- Ensuring that all non-conformances are reported to the QM and the AWM.
Education, Skills and Experience
- "Hands on" experience of heat treatment environment preferred but experience in technical department or inspection essential.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. The closing date for applications is 03/06/2018.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.