£35,000 p/a + vehicle
Alecto Recruitment is proud to be recruiting on behalf of an excellent Multi-Utilities and Civil Engineering Company based in Northampton.
Our client requires an experienced Utility Supervisor with experience in HV/LV to come into the role and hit the ground running.
To supervise operational staff and sub-contractors in their daily tasks, planning work and ensuring that they are able to complete tasks to a high quality and in a safe manner; to communicate feedback on the progress on jobs and any delays to the Regional Contracts Manager. The candidate will be both office-based and on site and needs to have the ability to be flexible and practically assist with tasks in accordance with the business needs. Attention to detail in completing audits, reports and forecasting works is important, as well as proven leadership skills
- To assist the Work Scheduling Manager with work planning
- To work in accordance with NERS registration operational procedure
- To ensure that all works are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety, quality and environment procedures
- To ensure that all site-specific risk assessments are completed To carry out toolbox talks if required
- To carry out technical audits on each team at a minimum of one per month and in accordance with technical audit procedure
- To ensure that all onsite works are carried out in accordance with method statements and risk assessments
- To ensure maintenance and quality of the NERS project Certification and Completion File for the adopting industry companies
- To procure plant and materials only from suppliers on the NERS approved supplier list and assist the procurement department in assessing this
- To ensure all statutory notifications for street works are in place prior to commencement of any works
- Evaluate work orders and determine equipment and material requirements to safely execute operational activities in accordance with relevant legislation and statutory obligations
- To represent in a professional manner at all times
- To work closely with the client to ensure customer satisfaction
- Proven 5 years' recent experience as a cable jointer (LV or HV) SSSTS/ SMSTS or IOSH
- Knowledge of underground electrical networks Ability to supervise and lead others
- Physically fit
- Full clean driving license
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of underground gas networks
- City & Guilds practical qualification
- Level 2 ONC Electrical Engineering and or Gas Qualifications (or equivalent)
- Ability to tow trailers, Category B + E entitlement Current CSCS, ECS or SHEA Electric/Gas card PASMA card
- Winch ticket
- CAT & Genny training
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 /year
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Chas Earl, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted