Windmill Montessori Nursery operates from one level in purpose-built premises located in the basement of the library in Maida Vale. The nursery has use of five rooms and an enclosed outdoor play area. It is open each week day during school term times.
Due to our exciting growth we are looking for a part time (8.30am-1.30pm) Teacher (term-time only) to join our friendly team. We believe in offering our children the best start in life and the Montessori method does just that. To be considered for this role you must have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of the Montessori Method
- Have experience in presenting a wide range of Montessori materials
- Knowledge of the EYFS is essential to be able to plan and record for children's individual learning and development
- Level 3 or equvilant qualification in childcare - Montessori desirable but not essential
- Must have a clear passion for childcare
- Be able to work and teach 4-5 year olds
- Be skilled in focusing on school readiness
- Have teaching methods for phonics and early reading skills
- Be able to set home tasks to develop learning further
- Making sure the classroom is fully prepared and ready for the children..
- Liaising with your colleagues and making sure everyone is aware of the daily routine and what is expected in order to have a smooth and fun day.
- Organise work on displays, sorting children’s pockets, organise other areas such as language, science, etc….
- Write comments (written up-date on each child given to parents), minimum 3 per term.
- Keep up to date and complete record keeping and all paper work effectively.
- Prepare and attend Parent-Teacher meetings/evenings.
- Caring for the garden and the playground i.e sweeping, watering flowers, general tidy up.
- Help with cleaning the school at the end of the day.
- Working with the highest standards in mind and in accordance with the nature of Windmill and the Montessori method of education.
- Helping the children get changed (coat, shoes, etc….)
- Supervising an area (art, practical life (tables), sensorial (floor), play-area, outdoor, gym, music, break time, etc…
- Reading stories to a group of children or the whole classroom.
- Toilet and hand washing duty, nappy changing.
- Caring for the pets.
- Being able to use the outdoor space as a learning environment whether playing with toys, organising games or music and movement activities.
- Tidying up classroom between sessions.
- Singing songs at good-bye time.
Our children and our staff are at the centre of our vision at Windmill Montessori Nursery School. We fully recognise the responsibilities we have to safeguard and promote the welfare of children who are our pupils at the school. We recognise that all staff, including volunteers and part-time staff, have a full and active part to play in protecting our pupils from harm.