Teacher of Physical Education and Science
Full Address: Wey Valley College, Westborough Campus, Southway, Guildford GU2 8AA
About the Role
The Management Committee are looking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Physical Education and Science to work with our team of outstanding teachers at Wey Valley College. The successful candidate will have excellent subject knowledge and an understanding of Special Education, Mainstream Education and / or Pupil Referral Units.
WVC is a 5-16 Pupil Referral Unit and we are seeking to appoint a secondary Mathematics teacher to complement our curriculum.
The successful candidate will be:
- Passionate about inclusion and making sure all students gain an inspirational education.
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of student’ achievement and behaviour who is committed to providing high quality learning for all young people.
- Able to maintain and drive forward outstanding standards whilst meeting the needs of a very vulnerable group of students.
- An excellent communicator, able to work inclusively with students, staff, parents, Management Committee and other stakeholders.
- An aspiring leader who will lead, motivate and inspire others.
If you are a successful teacher with strong commitment to inclusive values; has drive and determination; has excellent interpersonal skills; is a proactive team player; has the ability to strengthen partnerships and most importantly are passionate to make a different to the lives of vulnerable young people, then we would like to hear from you.
Please see attached prospectus for Wey Valley College which includes information on our federation of schools.
Wey Valley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosing and Barring checks along with other relevant employee checks.
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact Susie Thompson to arrange.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of the first choice, reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.