Senior IT Security Analyst
Senior IT Security Analyst (SME)
Salary: £45K - £60K
Overall Purpose of role:
- Be the SME and primary technical security contact for projects, technical solutions and security architecture, ensuring ensure that technical risk and operational acceptance criteria are met.
- Work to identify potential technical risks for the business, creating and implementing solutions working with both technical and architecture teams.
- Define and manage technical security requirements for projects and new solutions.
- Support the IT Security Operational Manager and the Privilege Access Control Manager.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve standards and processes, working to industry best practice.
- Define key metrics for I.T. Security to identify risks and improvements.
- Liaise with other business areas as an SME for IT Security.
Essential experience required:
- Have hands on experience as a technical security SME covering at least one the following areas:
- Application Security
- Operating Systems security
- Network Security
- DevOps Security
- “Cloud” Software as a Service
- Good in “cloud” services, specifically AWS and general Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Implementation & management experience of multiple security technologies e.g. firewalls, IDS/IPS, WAF, SIEM etc
- Hands on knowledge of aligning technical security requirements to common security frameworks, specifically PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, NIST CSF & CIS controls.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment.