Head of Global Operations, FTC maternity cover
As Global Head of Operations you would take holistic responsibility for managing our complex supply chains that spans several territories, coordinates multiple functions and ensures quality and speed in the high pressure development of travel Flash Sales.
Focus will be on continuing to drive our Salesforce roll out (monitoring of contracting compliance across the Operation teams that are responsible for electronic contracting with suppliers), revamp of our outsourced operations setup and a pragmatic QA project. In terms of setup, you would be managing the entire Operations team, reporting directly to Dir of Global Ops.
- Refinement and daily running of all KPI reporting related to the supply chain
- General holistic ownership of the supply chain in coordination with the other relevant Heads of Department
- Identify alignment opportunities, where commercial teams are carrying out non-commercial tasks. Work closely with Dir of Global Ops and Heads of commercial teams towards a global alignment, eg. Carrying out the production of price checking results and sourcing these to the relevant commercial teams.
- Create transparent reporting for both commercial and operations teams to demonstrate KPI performance and what might be considered an out of team dependency, impacting the Operations team performance.
- Management of the Operations team in the UK, Scandibangs and FRITES (4-5) plus outsourcing centres (20+) and dotted line to Operations team leads in US and APAC
- Analysis of current supply chain setup, identification and implementation of improvements:
- Define long term strategy with outsourcing centre (location of team, required number of staff resources, team, recruitment, dedicated team per territory versus pooling or other)
- Cost analysis
- Identify and drive system automation initiatives with Product to streamline and improve team efficiencies, eg. CMS to Salesforce synchronisation, platform to automate email supplier requests for stop sells.
- Attend relevant territory management meetings in UK, Scandibangs and FRITES, together with commercial teams in order to provide insight on Operations team performance, and feedback to the team on commercial priorities.
- Weekly one on ones with direct reports, monthly one on ones with dotted lined territories and quarterly team meetings
- Monthly face to face get together with direct reports (in London or at their location)
- Direct report performance reviews, 360 feedback reports and team career progression reviews
- Ownership of QA at Secret Escapes
- Experience with operations in a Flash Sales environment, ideally in Travel
- A love of business process design and implementation
- Excellent process management skills
- Good quantitative skills (Excel, general analytics)
- Fluent in English
- Cleared to work in the UK/EU
- Excellent communicator
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Organised, with attention to detail
- Innovative, creative and imaginative
- Customer-focused and commercially aware
- Willing to adapt and pick up new techniques
- Able and willing to pass on knowledge