Prudential Portfolio Management Group (PPMG), established as a stand-alone entity in 2014, is the in-house portfolio manager of Prudential Assurance Company’s assets, which date back to 1848.
We are responsible for approximately £170 billion assets under management and are an award winning multi-asset manager that invests across a broad spectrum of asset classes - from traditional equities and fixed income to alternatives such as hedge funds, infrastructure and private equity.
We strive to deliver top tier investment performance and a high quality service to our clients. Our integrity and transparency is paramount and we value every individual’s contribution.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Economist to join PPMG, in order to deliver expertise in the field of economics in relation to the operational landscape of the Investment Office.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Working within the Long Term Investment Strategy team to develop the firms overall investment strategy and asset allocation guidelines.
• Studies and evaluates economic conditions and market trends.
• Support the Asset Allocation process.
• Support the fund management process by:
- Tracking key economic indicators, including monetary and fiscal policy in key countries and regions globally.
- Undertaking ad hoc in depth studies of current economic and policy issues.
- Provide comment on various issues for financial publications.
- Co-ordinate and write agreed house positions for such purposes financial publications.
• Conduct economic studies, interprets and projects economic trends and develops business and economic forecasts.
What we are looking for:
You will be a financial market economist with a university degree in economics, or relevant finance qualifications such as CFA. It is essential for you to have a proven track record in the practical application of economic perspectives to asset allocation decisions, or a related field. As well as this, you must have a strong interest and practical experience of global economic and market trends. Strong prior practical experience in an economist/strategy role at a bank, asset management or insurance company or similar practical financial markets experience, is also important. You will have good analytical skills, as this role will hold a large degree of regular and ad hoc work that involves marshalling data and facts into a clear and concise economic / market view. You must also possess excellent written / verbal communication skills and good IT skills, in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge of Bloomberg, Haver and Datastream is also highly beneficial.
PPMG is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.