SYSTEM SUPPORT ASSISTANT
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Support Engineer of a leading global Shipping Line, located in the heart of the City. The role may require overseas and domestic travel from time-to-time.
The purpose of this role is to directly support the users of IT applications, answering requests for assistant, resolving problems and maintaining certain reference data, with the overall goal of ensuring that the company obtains the maximum benefit from these systems.
This position requires an individual who has an analytical eye, decisive, is quick to learn and can meet the challenges and needs of the business.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement
· Pro-active monitoring of various aspects of IT system performance
· Registration of Helpdesk tickets
· Tracking to conclusion, simple and complex issue resolutions
· Analysis of call trends
· Assisting with the development of effective counter-measures & action plans
· Assisting with the analysis, management & maintenance of business & system data
· Effective communication with system users at all levels
· Providing support for BPM projects including system enhancements
· Supporting other BPM team members, as and when necessary
Skills, Qualifications and Expertise
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ideally an awareness of the shipping industry environment, specifically RORO
· Demonstrate ability to quickly learn and understand business processes and process flow
· Good presentation skills
· Analytical & reliable approach to problem solving
· MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Ability to work within a team
· Ideally previous experience of working in an IT support environment
This permanent position is offering a salary of up to £29,000 with excellent benefits.
If you think you would be a good fit for the role and would like to find out more info about this great opportunity, please apply and call !