Job title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Head of Finance
UNILAD are looking for a bright, enthusiastic Junior Finance Assistant to start ASAP in our London Office. You will be joining a rapidly growing business and a fun energetic finance team. This role has a clear path of progression as long as you can demonstrate you can take on the extra responsibility.
The Media industry moves very quickly therefore the successful candidate must be able to adapt to all situations and be happy to work flexibly.
What you will be doing:
- Enter invoices into Xero
- Monitor bank feeds
- Reconcile bank and credit card transactions.
- Chase staff for missing receipts.
- Match all payments to receipts or invoices
- Query all unreconciled transactions
- Record all cash payments and reconcile balance in Xero on a weekly basis.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Provide information to the external accountant
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Respond to queries both internally as well as external.
- Continually working with other members of the finance department to improve internal processes
What we need for this role:
- Must have a basic understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Around 1 years experience in a similar role is desirable
- Eye for detail
- Confidence to implement processes that would improve efficiency
- Keen to learn, evolve and always looking to improve.
- Take on responsibility within a quick time frame
- Can communicate with colleagues on all levels
- Studying AAT would be advantageous
Overall, this role would suit someone that has just started out in finance and wants to gain experience quickly. There will be plenty of support provided from the rest of the team to ensure that theoretical and practical skills develop over time.
Established in 2014, by millennials for millennials, as a single Facebook channel and website, UNILAD has expanded into the world’s leading social first channel, successfully building an unrivalled brand affinity across the globe. Originally licensing viral content, we evolved into an original content producer, blending the best viral videos with premium original content built for social. With just under a billion engagements, and over 25 billion video views in 2016 alone, UNILAD have matured into the most engaged and viewed channel on the planet. Launching a suite of channels in the last 18 months, we are now the fastest growing media property in the world.
Skills Diary Management, Office Management, Personal Assistant, Attending Meetings, Analytic and Research Skills, -Administrative work