Senior Marketing Manager
To propel the Blenheim Chalcot brand from the UK’s best kept secret to a prized destination where the best talent wants to develop and succeed, investors are clamouring to get involved and industry view us an ideal strategic partner not only to deliver against their innovation goals but to serve and be served by our portfolio companies. To lead a team that delivers to the portfolio businesses a differentiating advantage in their positioning and marketing.
We are looking for a commercially-focused, strategic and tactical marketer to build a comprehensive marketing strategy for both Blenheim Chalcot and also specific businesses within our portfolio which may require focussed support in periods of rapid growth. You’ll be an all-rounder with experience across the marketing mix and a track record of delivering great business outcomes.
Reporting directly to the CGO, this is a new senior role within Blenheim Chalcot. You will lead the development tof the BC brand, owning the PR and content calendar and publishing on all our digital channels. You’ll be responsible for developing our online marketing strategy, to include but not limited to the BC website, social media approach, content strategy from blogs to detailed research projects and white papers, paid search strategy, SEO and PR execution. You’ll also control the marketing budget and you’ll be responsible for ensuring that we deliver against our financial goals for each project and campaign.
This is a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on the success and reputation of Blenheim Chalcot across a wide range of industries.
Skills Marketing, Branding, Leadership, Project Management, Social Media, Digital Marketing, Communication, Budget management, Website design, Agency Management, CONTRACT MANAGEMENT, Start-up, Internal communications, Commercial acumen, PR Campaigns, Multi-channel Marketing, integrating marketing, senior marketing manager
The successful candidate will lead the development of Blenheim Chalcot’s sales and marketing activities. This will include:
- Development of an impactful and effective marketing and communications strategy which will act as a roadmap for the development of the BC brand, helping us to clearly articulate our proposition to potential investors, corporate partners and employees;
- Implementation of marketing and communication projects in support of BC’s key strategic goals and portfolio companies – often focussing on supporting specific businesses within the portfolio during periods of rapid market growth;
- Development of branding including website design, social media channels and marketing materials;
- Project management of PR and communication campaigns, adapting to the relevant markets, and using the most effective combination of marketing channels for each campaign or initiative, to generate best results;
- Delivery of effective internal communications around key initiatives to ensure awareness and engagement of relevant teams;
- Development of marketing growth strategies, including use of alternative routes to market (e.g. networking, events etc).
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate would demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Successful track record in developing multi-channel marketing strategy and campaign activities;
- Experience of integrating marketing activities to support sales effectiveness;
- Understanding of digital marketing tools and techniques;
- Contract and budget management, with a track record of setting and managing against budgets, and managing suppliers in line with contract agreements;
- Experience of working in a start-up or scale up business would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Experience of agency management and effective, results driven and attained PR campaigns.
And possess the following personal characteristics:
- Cultural fit. Low-ego, hands-on, comfortable with change and ambiguity, entrepreneurial.
- Curiosity and intellect. An external perspective. Very smart. Able to think on feet and adapt quickly and come up with innovative ideas.
- Leadership and communication. Mature, self-aware, succinct. Has the experience and gravitas to lead a diverse team and influence others
- Commercial acumen. An instinct to maximise the value of activities.
- Strategic orientation. The ability to think long-term and big picture. To define a compelling vision and translate it into short-term actions and get them done!
What we can offer you
- Chance to be a part of, impact and learn from the UK’s leading digital venture builder The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic start-up environment
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits: Perkbox, Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries
- Free fruit every day