Accounts Supervisor (AP, AR & Treasury)
Edward Mann are recruiting on behalf of a FTSE100 Group in Central London. Our client is recruiting for a permanent Accounts Supervisor to join their small corporate head office finance team.
Reporting into the Corporate Head Office Accounting Manager, this position will supervise a small team of 3 Accounts Assistants, ensuring all work is reconciled and completed within set schedules and deadlines.
Managing day to day activities on sales ledger recharges, purchase ledger processing and the interface between Group Treasury’s systems and the general ledger, including supervising a team of three.
Solving issues in purchase ledger and sales ledger involves dealing with senior managers (including function heads and executive directors) and will include working with them to ensure policies are complied with and may sometimes result in refusing to pay expense claims due to group policy breaches.
- Manage the sales invoices/credit notes process
- Review and challenge recharge requests to ensure only necessary items that have been agreed with the receiving business are recharged
- Review and post invoices and match to payments and reconcile the sales ledger control account
- Solve disputes on intra group accounts
- Review and chase outstanding receivables
Purchases ledger / Staff expenses:
- Manage accounts payable process from receiving invoices/staff expenses to payment, including assisting with solving issues
- Review and post invoice batches ensuring that policies and procedures are followed and reconcile the purchase ledger control account
- Performing analyses of costs processed for department managers
- Complete and prepare VAT & Intrastat returns
- Manage/maintain the Concur expenses claims system and update bank account details on JDE
Treasury transactions on general ledger:
- Review and post the daily download from the IT2 treasury system and any resulting journals
- Prepare daily bank reconciliations
- Perform weekly reconciliations between the treasury system and the general ledger and resolve issues
- Reconcile foreign currency payments and receipts to invoices and clear any resulting exchange differences
- Maintain the IT2 download templates so that the daily upload into JDE works smoothly
Other accounting duties: (including but not limited to)
- Interrogate data and respond to queries from external suppliers, other Group businesses and Head Office and City Office employees
- Supervise a team of two (accounts payable clerk and accounts apprentice)
- Continually review the purchase ledger, sales ledger and treasury transactions to general ledger processes to ensure that adequate controls are in place and that process documentation is clear and kept up to date
- Previous supervisory experience
- Accounts payable/receivable/general ledger experience
- Intermediate excel skills required
- Processing in multiple currencies and foreign exchange experience
- VAT legislation knowledge
- Good communication skills
For more information please apply ASAP.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.