Bookkeeper / VAT Accountant
Bookkeeper / VAT Accountant opportunity within an established, reputable Chartered Accountancy & Advisory Practice offering autonomy, variety and exposure to all aspects of VAT, Bookkeeping & Management Accounts and Year-End Accounts Preparation work.
An established 3 Partner Chartered Accountancy & Advisory Practice renowned for advising SME's, Entrepreneurs and Large Limited Companies typically c.£100k - £5m t/o in size. The firm has developed a specialist offering to SME and OMB clients encompassing integrated cloud Bookkeeping / Management Accounts, VAT, Profit Maximisation and Year-End compliance solutions.
As a Bookkeeper / VAT Accountant you will be responsible for handling quarterly VAT returns and VAT enquiries for a portfolio of small business clients and providing entrepreneurial SME's with Xero Bookkeeping and Management Accounts solutions. You will also prepare Year-End Accounts for clients although your main purpose will be to liaise regularly with clients to maintain books and accounting records and to ensure they maximise profitability.
You will benefit from:
- The opportunity to perform a key role within the practice advising SME businesses
- Exposure to a wide variety of small business clients
- Autonomy and responsibility leading to a Managerial role in the longer term
- An opportunity to work within a stable, professional and friendly firm
- Competitive salary package with annual reviews
You will be an Accountancy professional able to demonstrate the following:
- AAT Qualified (or QBE)
- Previous experience of working within an Accountancy Practice (min.3 years)
- A sound knowledge of VAT and Bookkeeping, ideally with some Xero experience
Please contact Alastair McLean at Lucas McLean Recruitment to discuss this unique opportunity.