Junior/Graduate Data Analyst - Up to £25k
Our client, a long established & successful Birmingham based software company is seeking a Data Analyst due to expansion.
- Complete a whole range of data transfer tasks and predominately the creation & migration of SQL server databases that will be used for new & existing clients.
- Understand ETL (Extract, Translate, Load) principles and technologies, being able to apply these in day to day work
- Have the confidence, organisation skills & enthusiasm to take control & ownership of projects ensuring they are delivered on time and to a very high quality.
- Gather requirements for work coming into the team to ensure that the final delivery will meet the customers' expectations.
- Be comfortable communicating complex technical points with customers and internal stake holders at all levels of management and technical ability.
- Display excellent information gathering and problem solving competencies, taking ownership of all work items and bringing them to their conclusion with minimal supervision;
- Experience in transferring complex sets of data between systems.
- Able to work independently through complex problems and/or technical challenges.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Extremely customer orientated
- An analytical mind showing initiative and a willingness to learn
- Technical experience required:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 or higher (Essential - 2+ years)
- Microsoft Office (Advanced Excel, Query, VBA and Word as a minimum)
- Comfortable working with non-database file formats such as XML, CSV, HTML (essential).
- Familiar with ETL graphic tools would be of benefit (e.g. SSIS, Business objects)
- Working knowledge of programming would be of benefit (e.g. C#.net )
- Good understanding of SQL
This is an excellent opportunity to join an international business going from strength to strength.
If you are recent graduate with a Data / Software Development (or related) degree, we want to hear from you.
On offer for this role is a basic salary in the region of £18,000-£25,000 + benefits.
If you feel that you have the right skill-set to fulfill this role then please forward your latest CV.