Agile Delivery Manager
The delivery manager is one of the three leadership roles in our development teams, working alongside product managers and lead engineers in applying lean software development principles and agile methodologies to ensure teams work effectively together.
We are looking for candidates who get excited by ‘hacking teams’, using your finely tuned intuition to help teams composed of diverse personality types develop trust, courage, commitment and accountability. You are result driven but also compassionate and you infect others around you with your enthusiasm and can-do attitude.
- Partners with team to ensure regular delivery of quality software into production
- Identifies and remove blockers and other constraints to maintain maximum flow
- Facilitates refinement sessions, sprint planning meetings and retrospectives
- Performs capacity planning and tracks work in order to generate forecasts and communicate progress
- Works with team ongoingly to identify and eliminate waste within processes or practises
- Maintains tools (such as Jira, Trello etc) as well as physical boards to ensure displays are always accurate
- Experience with using A/B tests and user testing to drive product backlogs
- Worked in teams who have adopted test driven development and continuous deployment
- Jira administration expert
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- OTA and/or eCommerce experience a bonus
- 4 years+ experience as a scrum master or similar
Things you should know about us
We employ a wide range of technologies (even if we do say so ourselves!) and while experience with these is beneficial it is not a requirement: Groovy (Grails), Python (Django and gRPC), MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Jenkins, Linux, Docker, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, etc) and more. Our processes are modern and forward thinking, we work in an agile way and follow TDD principles and release new code up to 5 times a day!
We are a multi-cultural team with developers based in a different locations, London and Bristol (in the UK) , Berlin (Germany), Poznan (Poland) and Skopje (Macedonia) - yes there is the opportunity to visit these other locations. We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tool including Slack, Google Hangouts and TeamViewer which gives us the flexibility to work from almost any location.
Our teams are named after some music greats such as the Nirvana team... get practicing your best rendition of ‘Smells Like Team Spirit’.
Continuous improvement is a key principle of the team and it's important that everyone is always improving both technically and professionally. The business supports development through individual development plans and personal budget for training.