Unique opportunity to join a leading Security Services company as a Media Executive based in London.
Leading Security Services company based in central London.
As the Media Executive you will support with the preparation and delivery of media engagement plans for how we articulate our messaging to support business value.
- Support the Media Managers in representing the company to financial and global media demonstrating an understanding of the business, its objectives and an appreciation of the complex issues.
- Nurture strategic relationships with internal stakeholders globally, surfacing content which showcases the Company's capabilities.
- Work with the Head of Media to create an annual media engagement programme.
- Manage systems and process, including media monitoring, media handling log, press release distribution, content management systems and lists and databases that need to be kept up to date.
- Develop and write compelling content which can be used on corporate channels i.e. first draft of press releases, social media posts, business features, statements and briefings
- Establish facts and gather information from internal business leaders to inform media coverage.
- Work with external agencies in support of seeking out and sourcing high quality content.
The successful Media Executive in London will already have experience of working within the communications industry, preferably in a press office either in-house or at an agency. You'll have strong writing skills backed up by the ability to evaluate complex information quickly and accurately.
You will also have:
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience of financial PR - would be preferable but not essential.
- Crisis communication - would be preferable but not essential.
- Resilience and integrity, demonstrating a willingness to learn.
- The ability to communicate effectively and confidently both internally and externally.
- A nose for spotting a news story.
- The ability to prioritise workload and remain calm under pressure.
Competitive salary up to £35,000 + an excellent benefits package on offer to the successful candidate in London.