Regional Operational Risk Manager
This is an opportunity for a passionate leader within the Health, Safety, Environmental and Risk sectors who are looking for a diverse risk management role with a global organisation.
My client is leading packaging business that has been in operation for over 100 years and has built a reputation globally that produces over $11 billion in net sales. With a number of operational sites across globally it has a diversified product base which has helped build a number of different value streams within the business.
My client is looking to bring in an experienced leader within the Health, Safety and Risk while having a strong understanding of the manufacturing space. This person will manage the operational risk functions across the entire business while being the functional expert for operational risks systems, fire safety, project management support, training and development for EHS Managers and Plants. Other key responsibilities;
- Work closely with the site EHS Functional teams to provide the necessary support to achieve regional objectives and realise regional strategy.
- Works with sites and finance team to ensure Capex budgets are prioritised, that AFE's are well prepared and submitted in a timely manner and that costs are being managed in accordance with sector standards.
- Work with corporate to ensure all EHS related IT systems are given adequate support and are fit for purpose.
- Track and report on all monthly objectives and KPI's for Operational Risk including ensuring that all corporate required data is available and accurate.
- Oversee the Fire and Property Engineering programmes for all European sites and office locations including; relationships with stakeholders and providing; technical expertise, project management support and working with FM Global and corporate/sectors to ensure investment is prioritised.
- Manage the EHS Programmes for Regional HQ and all other regional offices.
- Oversee the Training and development processes for Operational Risk including the development of training materials, identifying relevant training for EHS managers and carrying out Webex training as required.
- Attendance at MPMA and MPE meetings in person or Webex to represent the company, in particular on discussions surrounding VOC emissions.
- Provide back-up cover for operational Risk Director as required.
To be successful in this role you will have strong experience in manufacturing and demonstrated an improvement of Health & Safety performance. You will need to have a real passion for EHS Management and experience working in European organisations with multi-site and multi culture environments.
- Engineering background and/or a good technical education is a must preferably to degree level.
- Exciting travel opportunities involved - up to 30-40%
- Formal Six Sigma / Lean training to Black Belt level
- Would ideally be supplemented by formal education in change management or a cultural/behavioural science.
- EHS Formal qualifications
- Strong experience in manufacturing having worked in a variety of management positions and have a working knowledge of financial procedures.
- Must have an understanding and experience of EHS management and a passion for improving safety.
- Extensive experience working with industry standard lean enterprise methodologies and cultural change programmes.
- Clear track record with specific examples of successful implementation
- Experience in European organisations with multi-site and multi culture environment
- Specific knowledge of the application of Continuous Improvement in business processes and supplier development.
- Excellent communicator
- Good negotiator
- Can inspire others to deliver
On offer is to lead and support a global business in a regional operation risk management role. On offer is £70,000 - £75,000 DOE + bonus + package + exciting travel opportunities.