Clinical Operations Manager
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Clinical Operations Manager based in the Care Bureau at our Head Office in Burton on Trent. Ultimately, we are looking for someone inspirational, to lead the team and the service to success.
As a Clinical Operations Manager, you will deliver clinical operational performance and build key relationships with internal and external stakeholders to promote and raise awareness of healthcare at home services.
It is our mission to grow and evolve all our services whilst also ensuring that our teams provide the highest quality of care. Are you the person to help us achieve this?
healthcare at home … a little about us….
Our vision is simple, to deliver inspirational healthcare in the home for millions worldwide. Working alongside healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies we develop innovative solutions that meet patients’ needs to have quality clinical care in their homes. Every member of our team from specialist nurses to drivers has the same patient focus and is dedicated to delivering the best possible care.
After all, don’t we all feel better at home?
Why work at healthcare at home … the benefits
We are an inspiring business that has exciting times ahead and a clear vision to take us forward. We know people are fundamental to our success and we are focused on helping people to develop their careers. We have a strong culture of continual training and development from the moment you start through our induction to ongoing professional development throughout your careers.
We offer a robust and flexible reward packaging including:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Immediate private healthcare cover
- Death in service
- NMC fees paid for
- Annual holiday – 25 days plus 8 days bank holiday
- Mobile phone and tablet device
- Online benefits portal
What does a Clinical Operations Manager do at healthcare at home?
- Provide strong leadership through knowledge and expertise to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of quality clinical services.
- Responsibility and accountability for the performance of specified clinical team in regard to patient care and the efficient and effective delivery of clinical services in line with each individual service level agreement (SLA) on treatment protocol.
- Build and retain a patient focused and highly motivated work force through effective management and communication.
- Induct and integrate new team members in a positive and professional manner in line with company expectations and requirements.
- To ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements of clinical services are fulfilled and ensure any deviations or breach is addressed immediately.
What skills, qualifications and qualities do I need to be successful?
Fundamentally we are looking for a confident and assertive manager with a mix of clinical and operational experience that has the passion to help drive our business forward.
You will be a registered nurse that is experienced in line managing clinical staff and operational delivery. You will be able to understand and ensure compliance with health, social care or pharmaceutical regulatory bodies as required. You will offer strong leadership in a competitive and changeable environment.
As this role involves occasional travel it is therefore crucial that you have full UK driving licence.
healthcare at home are an equal opportunities employer
Healthcare at Home reserve the right to close vacancies earlier than the advertised closing date if a sufficient number of applications are received