Production Machine Development Engineer
- Permanent - Full time
- Salary up to £40,000pa
- 8:30 - 5:00 Mon - Thurs (Friday is a half day finish)
- Working for a multinational manufacturer
HPCareers are recruiting for an experienced Production Engineer working within a multi-discipline Production Engineering team.
- Concept Design
- Development and Implementation of bespoke machines and equipment
- Modifications and Improvements
- Working with subcontract manufacturers involved in the build, installation and commissioning process.
- Follow the QS9000/IATF16949 procedures
- Provide inputs into process documentation (PFMEA/PCP/Operator instructions)
- Manage engineering special lot trials and its process changes
- Manage external suppliers & partners performance
- Process, review and expedite work orders, modifications, schematics, check sheets, job instructions and calibration records.
- Budgeting: ordering equipment, parts and machines
- Finding optimal & most cost friendly solutions
- Support technical and financial negotiations with customers and suppliers
- Generate estimates for internal tooling
- Carry out feasibility studies regarding the purchase of new plant and equipment
- Calculate the return of investments of new plant, equipment or modifications
- Lean manufacturing techniques while introducing new machinery & equipment
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering qualification
- Machine assembly, function and design within an industrial environment
- Solid mechanical full design cycle skills in special purpose, precision capital environment.