Service Desk Analyst
Our client is a leading Law Firm based in Manchester who require a Service Desk Analyst to join their team due to growth. The Service Desk Analyst will work with the Service Desk, Infrastructure and Super User teams to ensure all company offices receive the appropriate support and attention.
- Working with the Service Desk, to provide desk-side support across the business
- Using software tools and manual audit processes, maintain a database of all IT-managed hardware and software across all branches of the business.
- To manage the lifecycle of desktop IT hardware (PCs, thin client devices, laptops & printers) ensuring that scheduled purchase, replacement, maintenance and end-of-life disposal are achieved in line with the firm’s processes and in compliance with relevant regulations and best practices.
- To manage the lifecycle of desktop software including, the base image, ensuring that licensing requirements are communicated to the appropriate team, that licensing restrictions are adhered to and that appropriate versions of all software are released and maintained.
- To manage the lifecycle of user accounts from identifying new staff joining, allowing the appropriate level of access to IT system(s) based on user roles, amending AD/Exchange/other security as appropriate as users and/or services change, and ensuring that access is removed at the appropriate time when users leave the business.
- To review and recommend improvements to existing hardware, software and user account management processes.
- Working with the Infrastructure Team, to assist in testing and maintaining cabled and WiFi network access, including monitoring capacity in growth areas.
- Assist in planning and execution of equipment installation for new staff and equipment moves during team/department/office re-organisation.
- Previous experience as a Service Desk Analyst / IT Support or recent IT Graduate.
- Excellent communication skills