Health & Safety Advisor
Health & Safety Officer
The business I am recruiting for are one of the biggest suppliers of food products within the UK. They supply all of the major retailers and have need for a Health & Safety Officer to cover their Yorkshire based site.
Ideal Candidate description:
The ideal candidate for this Health & Safety Officer position will be someone that has worked within a FMCG business, ideally food and has a very strong aptitude for Health and Safety within a manufacturing environment. They will be NEBOSH qualified and be a member of IOSH. They will be able to work within a behavioural manner and engage all levels with regards to Health, Safety and Environmental. The Health & Safety Officer will be used to writing Risk Assessments and Method statements alongside supporting and training all levels of staff with regards to health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
Job description and key responsibilities:
The main purpose of the Heath & Safety Officer is to provide coverage across the site with respects to all Health, Safety and Environmental related issues, training and general site services. The Health & Safety Officer will provide technical expertise and support to all levels of staff within the business.
* Lead and co-ordinate Health, Safety and Environmental activities
* Ensure legal requirements are met and senior management are aware
* Work interdepartmentally to ensure the sites are in line with Group safety agenda
* Develop and maintain standards and frameworks for ISO standards
* Accident investigation and prevention
* Review and update Site Health and Safety policy and procedures
* Maintain Environmental standards in line with ISO14001 and company standards
* Present to Management with regards to needs and findings
*Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet the above criteria, as only candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted further.
If you think you would be qualified for the role above and would like to find out more about the role and the organisation, please click to apply now or contact Tom Fitzjohn