SF Group are currently recruiting an Accounts Assistant to join a fantastic company based in South Nottingham client on a permanent basis. Our client is a well respected and people focused business, they offer a fantastic customer experience and are keen to recruit a driven and hard working candidate into their team. The salary for this position is competitive and there are a range of excellent benefits on offer including support towards professional study after a successful probation period.
As the Accounts Assistant within our clients Finance Department you will be working within a motivated and friendly team. Your tasks will include the below.
- Checking and processing of sales orders onto finance system Microsoft Dynamics Navision ensuring correct coding, and business rules have been followed
- Assist the wider Impero team with financial related matters (i.e credit note raising, liaising with customer finance departments etc.)
- Raising and issuing of all sales invoices to customers timely and accurately
- Issuing of customer statements monthly
- Dealing with external customer queries including those wishing to make payment over the phone
- Liaising with and helping to resolve internal queries raised from other staff members
- Recording of customer receipts onto finance system
- Paying into the bank customer cheque payments when required (at least weekly)
- Chasing in of customer debts, maintaining a good standard of average debtor days as dictated by the business
- Maintenance of the Sales Ledger accounts (such as keeping customer information updated, ledger accounts updated, reconciled and clean, ensuring credit limits are not exceeded)
- Responsibility for reviewing customer accounts on a regular basis, making recommendations for adjustments to credit limits
- Credit check new customers using Experian, using the information presented to make an informed decision on credit limit to be offered
- Processing of purchase orders onto finance system Microsoft Dynamics Navision
- Ordering goods for the day to day running of the office and liaising with suppliers to get the best prices
- Checking, matching and processing of authorised supplier invoices, and other costs
- Processing staff expense claims
- Maintenance of the Purchase Ledger
- Bank reconciliations, including multi currency accounts
- Regular liaising with the Impero USA team reconciling any anomalies in the accounting records held in the UK
- Provide cover for other members of Finance when required (i.e sickness/holidays)
This opportunity would be most suited to a candidate who is wanting to start or is already studying and looking for a step into a busy, fast paced accounts department within a great organisation. Essential skills include Strong MS Excel experience, excellent attention to detail, proven ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, strong communication skills, ideally proven accounts experience within a similar environment or a relevant Accounts related qualification. Alternatively you may be a recent graduate keen to get a foot in the door to a great local employer who offer fantastic opportunity for progression.