Transnational Business Development Manager
Transnational education business development manager
Salary: from £35,600 pro rata
Contract: permanent - 4 days per week
Location: Bristol or Harwell
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research - by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It's our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It's a bold statement, but one that we're determined to fulfil.
Transnational education (TNE), or the delivery of education developed in one country and delivered in another, is of significant and growing importance to the international education sector; with the UK Government's more significant focus on this area as student numbers start to fall to the UK and pledge to increase education exports, Jisc has an essential and underpinning role through providing the technology to enable delivery of TNE.
The Transnational Education Business Development Manager gives the right candidate the opportunity to develop and manage relationships with TNE providers within the global community, including suppliers and other partners overseas, and in particular Jisc's peer research and education networks in the growing TNE markets of interest.
About the role
You will directly develop and expand Jisc's TNE Support Programme to deliver a suite of services to support the sector's TNE activities, enriching Jisc's service portfolio on a global basis based on a thorough understanding of our members and customers' requirements overseas.
You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities for Jisc to support its members TNE activity, including developing the long term sustainability and income generation of such service portfolio. Interacting with stakeholders both in the UK and globally, in addition to Jisc's broad member portfolio, whilst working across Jisc to integrate operations efficiently and effectively. The post holder will develop communications and tools for both internal and external stakeholders in addition to supporting the management of the programme and its projects and its governance more generally.
There will be out of hours work and international travel with this position.
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience engaging and communicating effectively both within and outside the organisation, establishing relationships at all levels, including with members, stakeholders and sector policy leads. International experience would be beneficial.
- Business development acumen, with an understanding of identifying opportunities and delivering through to a financially sustainable offering;
- Project management experience with proven track record of integrating related product and service development projects into an effective pipeline.
- Experience of providing a world leading level of service to our members and customers through understanding their requirements, including a technical understanding of the services available and continually identifying ways to improve delivery.
- The flexibility for out of hours work and international travel.
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 extra days for our Christmas closure, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Bristol or Harwell.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and both national and international travel across the UK/world with overnight stays required.
Difference is good, and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
No agencies please.