Our client is a global Marine Fuel and Lubricant re-seller and Broker, based in London. They are a 100% owned subsidiary of one of the world’s largest and most successful natural resource companies. Through a Global network, they trade and provide marine fuel broker services to counterparts in more than 100 countries!
The London office is looking to recruit a Compliance Officer with previous compliance experience; ideally with experience gained in the marine or shipping sector. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Group’s Head of Oil Compliance, also based in London; where the firm trades Crude and Oil Products as well as LNG and Natural Gas.
- Being responsible for implementing the Groups Compliance processes and procedures across all company business units.
- Conducts an ongoing compliance risk assessment of the company’s business units and proposes process improvements and recommendations where appropriate.
- Being kept up to date with existing and upcoming regulation affecting the business and being proactive in implementing processes for compliance with the same.
- Maintains and enhances effective interaction and communication with all company business leads and compliance assistants in all of the company’s business units.
- Being responsible for maintaining accurate KYC/ AML due diligence records on new and existing counterparts.
- Escalates all concerns and issues as appropriate.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Educated to minimum degree level (or equivalent).
- Work based Compliance experience; ideally in the Oil or Shipping sector of at least 3 years.
- Good technical and practical understanding of Global Anti Bribery legislation including the UK’s Bribery Act and USA’s Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Good understanding of international sanctions, KYC and Anti Money Laundering rules and regulations.
- Experienced at working with a high level of trust and integrity.
- Must possess critical thinking and investigative mindset.
- Must be analytical, methodical and exhibit attention to detail in all the tasks he/ she attempts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Hardworking, keen and enthusiastic.