Events Operations Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic new team member to lead our operations for one of our growing portfolios, developing unique networking experiences and moulding formats that will lead to the disruption of this sector.
The breadth of our events portfolio ranges from Small scale roundtable events to Award Ceremonies and large scale summits. Our events portfolio continues to expand rapidly across our verticals which include Digital Finance and HR.
Skills Leadership, Technology, IT skills, Manager, Communication, Team Player, Enthusiastic, Attention to Detail, Multi-tasker, Entrepreneurial, Start-up, Sponsorship sales, events operations manager, networking experiences, summits, Award Ceremonies, roundtable events, commercial B2B events
- Liaising with venues and venue agents to secure inspiring locations for our events that are also cost effective and functional.
- Working with your event project team to develop a carefully considered onsite experience that delights our commercial partners, speakers and delegates.
- Planning the execution of the event experience down to the finest detail, and delivering it successfully.
- Managing your allocated operations budget.
- Work with our commercial partnerships sales team to help them develop bespoke sponsorship packages (that have been known to include bringing horses to our event, or even running live escape room in the exhibition). Then manage the delivery of these packages including inventory delivered pre-event, onsite and post-event.
- Map and manage the delegate experience from start to finish, delivering excellent customer service.
- We believe the events we run in each portfolio should look dramatically different from one another not only in terms of their innovative programmed content but also in terms of the to her experiences our delegates and partners have onsite. We want someone who can work with our producer to understand what our clients enjoy and take control of building this out for each event.
Skills & Experience
- Some experience of event operations/management in commercial B2B events
- Experience in working closely with sponsorship sales and production
- An incredibly efficient multi-tasker
- A team player
- An eye for detail
- Someone who thrives on over-delivering for clients
- Confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic – illustrates a ‘can do’ approach
- Strong IT skills, with ability to pick up new systems quickly (e.g. Sales Force, CMS etc) – we embrace technology to enhance all aspects of client experience, so an appetite to help shape our events technology strategy is critical!
- Our event project teams function as partnerships and we carve out the event strategy as a team. As we are aiming for fast growth, an entrepreneurial mindset to contribute to our strategy would be advantageous.
Contentive is a global B2B media and information company, helping professionals and businesses excel in a digital world. We provide an engaging mix of news and thought leadership, events, intelligence, across Digital Marketing, Digital Finance, HR and other Business verticals.
Our information based products and services help professionals excel in a world being transformed by digital – and our tools and platform provide marketers with access to clearly defined audiences.
Founded in 2012, we have offices in London, New York and India. Our London team are located in One Hammersmith Broadway, a modern, five-storey building which hosts a hotbed of innovation-focused, high-growth companies – all backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading active investors with annual sales of over £350M.