Senior Copy Writer
This senior role is for someone who can operate in a fast and busy studio, walking the delicate and difficult line between working within sometimes strict parameters, and pushing ideas and copy when necessary.
Working in-house for Europe’s leading entertainment company, the ideal candidate will have:
– A blend of agency and client-side experience
- Experience of mentoring more juniors members of a team
- Strong copy-editing skills (an analytical eye)
- Proven conceptual ability
- An instinct for knowing how to balance the need to protect the work with reaching a pragmatic outcome when necessary
- Experience of DR / DM advertising
- Good people skills
- Strong presentation skills
- An eye for design
They will also be:
- A ‘do-er’ (quick to take the initiative and take ownership of a task when necessary)
- Calm under pressure
- Able to spot creative opportunities, and importantly, be adept at exploiting these opportunities / developing the response to brief accordingly
- Adept at positively influencing the work and those who play a part in creating it, so that the execution is the best it can be
A good understanding of print and digital advertising – emails, banners, press, poster, DM etc., and a folio that demonstrates this. Not sufficient to have only long form / blog examples / web copy / editorial examples.
Job Responsibilities Client Experience
* Attends client meetings as necessary.
* Ensures high quality standards in all creative design client deliverables.
* Ensures accurate, consistent, and timely completion of deliverables, based on objectives and concepts established by the client/advertising agency.
* Presents, or participates in planning meetings with clients and/or internal teams as needed to develop the creative brief for assignments of varying scope and complexity; and/or to communicate product information and/or to develop style guides.
* Meets quality standards at all times for all assigned deliverables and makes recommendations to Management for improvements in textual content, tools, processes and/or assigned tasks.
* Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
* Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organisation to meet the needs of the business.
* Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same.
* Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change.
* Focuses efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the company’s Strategic Imperatives.
* Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
* Supports company’s profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the assigned creative design activities.
* May perform other duties, as needed, to meet the needs of the business.
Qualifications / Requirements Education & Certifications
* College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or relevant qualification within appropriate discipline such as language, communications, journalism, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required.
* Proven copywriting experience across multiple communication channels (e.g. print, digital, etc.) in a creative agency or in-house agency.
Skills & Abilities
* Advanced creative writing skills.
* Very good knowledge of the company’s products, solutions and services a plus.
* Very good understanding of the clients’ products, services, and brand image.
* Proficient in copywriting techniques and processes, and marketing knowledge.
* Expert command of the specific written language including creativity, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
* Very good people, organisational, and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
* Very good verbal and written communication skills
* Very good presentation and communication skills (written, verbal).
* Proficient to advanced Computer Software (SW) Skills:
* Apple Mac equipment and operating systems
* Overall Business SW (e.g. MS-Office Suite)
* Ability to translate the creative vision into words (i.e. to give “voice” to the imagery) for brand and/or product designs, marketing campaigns, etc.
* Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with peers and colleagues in one or more areas of the organisation.
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal clients and/or external clients
* Ability to work well in a team environment, with a limited degree of supervision, to handle a heavy workload, to prioritise work, and to meet assigned deadlines.