Play’s mission is to create habit-forming products that change the lives of customers and employees.
If our mission is unique, then so is our success so far. From starting round a kitchen table in 2014 with no funding we’ve grown to 20 people - through hard work and the smarts of the team. We’re completely autonomous and only answer to ourselves - we have no debt, no investors and we’re very profitable.
We care passionately about what we do, love doing it together and believe the most talented teams can achieve anything. We have a lot of fun - Mario Kart is taken very seriously and we do Friday Beer O’Clocks. But it’s not all fun and games. We work uncomfortably fast, focus on delivering amazing experiences and we’re continuously striving to improve.
We’re looking for a talented, passionate QA Engineer to help us maintain an exceptional level of product quality. You will be responsible for overseeing the quality of the products that we deliver to our clients; quickly and methodically detecting, logging and tracking issues and their progress, documenting and building product knowledge and QA best practices. You will work closely with all members of the development team, to ensure effective testing of software as well as providing design feedback to aid in bug prevention.
Role & Responsibilities - what you’ll do
- Write and execute clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Test a variety of different mobile and web applications from early stages of development through to release and post-release / live service
- Work closely with all members of the development team to help continually deliver clean, functional software that meets the requirements of the customer
- Champion quality and provide clear, in-depth bug reports
- Communicate key issues, general feedback and requirements to members of the development team and project/product managers
- Own it - we’ll give you carte blanche to take all the responsibility you want
- Hang out with the team - create friendships, build trust
- Define the future - of our company and our products
Requirements - what you’ll need
- Have a minimum 2 years software / games testing experience
- Experience in testing on multiple platforms.
- Possess practical knowledge and experience of a variety of bug database software and test case management tools (preferably JIRA).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Be calm under pressure with a proactive attitude.
- Possess solid knowledge of current software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Bonus points: Experience working in an agile environment
- Bonus points: Experience of handling multiple simultaneous projects.
- Bonus points: ISEB or ISTQB Certified.
- A love of Mario Kart
- Care passionately about what you do
- Learn something new every day
- Leave your ego at home
- Be you! Being someone else all day is just plain exhausting
With fast growth and an amazing team comes huge opportunities for personal development. We give you the autonomy, trust and support to do your best work - but it won’t always be easy!
If you want to join a high performance team, have real ownership, make a real difference - Play is the place for you.