Business Development Manager - Consumer Goods
Having grown from nothing to revenues of over £7m in just a few short years (and still growing strongly at upwards of 20% p/a), my client is a rapidly expanding success story in the soft furnishings industry with a very bright future and a great sense of humour!
They are now looking for an experienced sales professional to spearhead growth in their education division, which already turns over around £1m, but has significant growth potential, both in the UK and Internationally.
• Develop and implement the business development strategy
• Lead account negotiation including joint business plans with strategic partners
• Prepare sales forecast and monitor sales performance against target and take appropriate corrective action when necessary
• Identify customer needs in collaboration with brand marketing and product development team. Turn these into clear and compelling commercial propositions
• Develop and implement clear pricing strategy to deliver forecast revenue and profitability
• Support partners and distributors at educational trade shows and forums
• Establish launch plans to support new and existing channels.
• Proven track record in FMCG sales
• Experience in a multi-channel sales environment
• Proven track record in maintaining and growing key accounts
• Able to demonstrate success in developing brand/market performance and increasing customer base
• Skilled in developing business and 3rd party sales/marketing plans
A package will be constructed to attract the right person, and this is a great opportunity to become a key player in the next phase of this brilliant company’s growth. Future career development opportunities await whoever succeeds in this role.