12 month contract
£30,000 - £34,000pa
A global, fast growing and well established client based in Milton Keynes is looking for a Treasury Accountant for a fixed term 12 month contract. This role is full time and requires someone with an ambitious, energetic and passionate personality.
The role also requires someone who is able to travel to other parts of Europe on an ad-hoc ad basis therefore must be flexible at short notice.
As part of this growing business you will work closely with the Finance Manager supporting them on day to day activities, getting to understand the business fully and steeping in to deputise the team in their absence.
- Conducting various reconciliations for both UK and EU clients
- Suggesting process improvements where necessary
- Calculating and processing payments in a multi-currency form
- Adhering to all strict policies and processes
- Resolving complex queries
- Setting up new clients on the banking systems and reporting tools
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Analysing data and documents thoroughly to avoid any discrepancies
- Understanding the cash and banking process
- Credit and Debits - High Volume
- Ad-hoc project work
- Working closely with the finance manager as their number two.
We need someone with:
- At least 5 years' experience in an Accounting/Finance/Payments environment.
- Extensive reconciliations (and discrepancy investigation) experience is a must.
- Experience processing high volume/value transactions/payments.
- High level of PC Literacy.
- Accurate, with strong head for numbers and proven attention to detail.
- Mind set of consistent delivery, innovation to provide business with solid support and cash management solutions.
- Willing to learn and adapt, continuously questioning and challenging to ensure full understanding/resolution.
Desired skills and attributes:
- Drive and desire to succeed and grow within the role and the team.
- Strong communication skills, able to write, present and participate confidently and professionally when required.
- Reliable, and dedicated with a strong team ethic in a highly pressurised and time critical environment.
- Demonstrates a positive 'can do' attitude at all times especially when faced with adversity
- Willing to go 'above' and 'beyond'.
If you feel you have what it takes, please apply today because we'd love to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 48 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!