Test Manager based in Warwick on a 6 Month Contract
My client is an international electricity and gas company and one of the largest investor owned Energy companies in the world. They play a vital role in delivering gas and electricity to many millions of people across Great Britain and North-Eastern US in an efficient, reliable and safe manner.
- At least 4 years Test Management in multiple roles within an outsourced supplier environment, including functional and non-functional testing in a Waterfall environment.
- Substantial experience of working with Active Directory projects including related infrastructure at a functional and non-functional level. Broad Microsoft infrastructure background, understanding of Group Policy Objects, Windows testing experience, XP, Windows 7
- Experience of large corporate international environments
- Experience of managing large numbers of business users in multiple locations and time zones.
- Full responsibility for the planning, management and co-ordination of all testing activities within complex IT projects and evaluating risk potential during all stages of development.
- Work closely with the Business and Technical design leads to establish appropriate test scenarios to achieve the Design target quality objectives.
- Define and own the Test Strategy ensuring it meets the principles and best practice set out in the Test Framework. Collaborate with end users and project teams, including suppliers to define it. Help to set priorities that balance desirable against practical testing strategies.
- Ensure use of appropriate tooling for requirement, test defect capture and management.
- recommended tool is Microsoft's Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). Take responsibility for setting up the project in VSTS.
- Ensure testing scope is defined and reviewed. Any supplier created scripts must be reviewed and quality metrics captured
- Manage and plan individual test phases and produce or assure phase test plans and exit reports depending on where the responsibility for the test phase lie
- Review and assure output from suppliers. Ensure suppliers are aware of, and follow, the best practice test processes
- All requirements and design artefacts must be statically tested, issues raised must be captured and reported on
- Define, agree and execute Test witnessing, if required.
- Ensure that trace-ability exists between requirements, tests and results for each run and defects and that a suitable process is in place to handle the effect on testing of changes in requirements.
If you feel you have relevant skills for the role then simply attach an up to date CV and click apply now.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.