Mobile Support Engineer / Field Maintenance Technician
Job Title: Mobile Support Engineer
Location: Greater London (Traveling required)
Salary: £20,000 + £2,500 travel allowance
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
Working within a team provide service and support for media products delivered to the hospital bedside and clinical products to hospital trusts within the region, ensuring all the Company's equipment is safe and fit for purpose.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- The replacement of media hardware within hospitals at bedside locations.
- Regular safety checks of all bedside equipment.
- Monitoring of Company's services at hospital sites, ensuring all services and products are available to the customer.
- React to requests from the customer call centre or IT department to address issues within agreed time frames.
- Identify/address technical issues on site and escalate in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Recording of daily activities and achieve targets as defined by line manager.
- Attend sites out of normal working hours to resolve critical issues.
- Manage levels of equipment stored on site required to address equipment failures and ward staff needs.
- Product awareness on site, promoting offers and addressing customer needs on an individual basis.
- Maintain Company's office locations on site in line with company policy.
- Adherence to company and hospital trusts health and safety guidelines/policies at all times.
- Preparation and packaging of faulty stock to be returned for repair in line with company procedures.
- Attend all meetings or training events at the request of line manager.
Attributes and Behaviours:
- Logical thinker with the ability to identify issues across a variety of networks
- Must be able to work alone with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Ability to manage workflow and schedule to maximise productivity
- Commercial awareness and ability to make decisions in line with the values, vision and goals of the Company.
- Team player with a strong commitment whom participates and is able to build positive relations within a small team.
- Professional approach to working in a health care environment where discretion, respect and empathy are required at all times.
- Honest, reliable, flexible and self-motivated to deliver on time every time what is expected.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Familiar with the fundamental principles and infrastructure of RF Data and TV Networks (cable), Analogue Telephony, ADSL and Cat5/fibre networks delivering Tripleplay solutions
- Must have a working knowledge of network test equipment and be able to interpret data effectively
- Demonstrable advanced fault finding skills to diagnose and resolve complex network issues
- Competent use of a variety hand tools and the ability to work safely in a challenging environment
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal and be able to effectively communicate technical and non-technical issues
- Excellent customer service skills (customer facing role)
- Good IT skills with a working knowledge of MS Office or similar software packages
- Accurate record keeping and reporting skills
- Similar previous experience working with one of the following:
- RF data networks
- Analogue cable TV network
- Analogue Telephone networks
- Cat5/6 & Fibre networks
- ADSL networks
- Qualification in Electrical/electronic engineering or other relevant discipline
- Similar previous experience within a technically based field role
This is a mobile role and will require a clean driving license and car for which an allowance will be paid. Areas to cover:
- Taunton & Barnstaple
- William Harvey, QEQM Margate, Conquest & Eastbourne
- St Gearges & Kingston
- John Radcliffe, Swindon & Bath
Normal hours of work are 40 hours per week, between the hours of 8am and 8pm.
The Company is operational 7 days a week therefore weekend working may be required.
Adherence to all Company's and Hospital trust policies and procedures is mandatory at all times without exception and employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Statutory Bank Holidays are normal working days at our Hospital sites. Statutory and Company holiday entitlement may be booked on these days, or throughout the holiday year, with Line manager approval.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: RF Technician, TV Technician, Radio Frequency Engineer, Maintenance Technician, RF Engineer, Digital Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Manufacturing Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support Technician, Maintenance Support Engineer, Repairs Technician may also be considered for this role.