C++ Web App Developer
This role will give you the opportunity to expand your development skills and grow with a small but market-leading software company. You will join a small team that appreciates high-quality C++ code and in which keeping up to date with new techniques is encouraged. The company allows individuals the flexibility to work to their interests and strengths.
Purpose of job:
To work within the development team to maintain and develop the core product. The product is run in a Linux cluster environment, developed in C++ using a MySQL database.
We work in an Agile environment. TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration and Delivery are all concepts that we are increasing incorporating into our development cycle.
They expect all developers to take varying roles in projects, alternating between lead, contributor and coder roles, and encourage discussion of new ideas and alternative approaches to issues and allow flexibility to work on individual projects where appropriate.
* Designing and implementing new systems and/or features. In this you could be involved in any part of the process, including: writing the specification or requirement gathering; project lead; designing the system; coding.
* Maintaining and fixing bugs in existing code.
* Maintaining the product in line with updates to externally developed software, e.g. MySQL.
* Creating and maintaining support scripts and tools for production.
* Writing supporting documentation.
* Reviewing code.
o Good quality clean code.
o Secure code.
o According to the Transversal coding guidelines.
o Considering future maintenance.
o Considering test-ability.
o Considering speed, reliability and efficiency in the production environment.
Skills & Experience:
* Strong experience using C++ (although immediate experience isn't required)
* Experience with MySQL/SQL
* Experience of Python
* Development within Linux/UNIX systems
* Exposure in Agile environments
* Strong analytical skills
* Knowledge of Boost and/or the STL is highly desirable
* Experience working with and/or designing APIs
* Knowledge of common security issues in Web applications
* DevOps tools and techniques
* Confident within teams
* Strong communication skills