Buyer / Purchaser
Buyer / Technical Buyer required for our client; Manufacturers in the building services industry based in Bedfordshire. They are currently looking to hire an experienced Technical Buyer to join them in Bedford and work as part of a small team within a manufacturing environment.
The successful Buyer will have a proven background working in a similar role and have great knowledge of manufacturing. This role is office based and therefore the Buyer must be based in or close to Bedford to be considered.
Technical Buyer Position Overview
- Ensure parts are delivered on time and are cost effective
- Ensure the quality of the products being delivered
- Liaise closely with engineering staff
- Negotiate prices and supply contracts
- Support the sales team with advice on delivery times and estimated costs
Technical Buyer Position Requirements
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in procurement of low volume production
- Proven strong negotiation skills
- Up to date knowledge of modern manufacturing
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
- CIPS qualified preferred but not essential
Technical Buyer Position Remuneration
- Salary £35k - £45k
- 5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.