Industrial Engine Service Engineer
Recruiting for a lucrative opportunity to join an established business as a Field Service Engineer, working within the industrial engine sector. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience on engines, generators or HGV'S as well as experience in a customer facing Field Service Environment.
The role will cover the area from the Birmingham depot down to Bristol and occasionally will travel to South Wales. You will be classed officially as home based. The position offers excellent training and progression and the chance to join a forward thinking employer.
* To carry out Diagnosis in the field on various equipment in line with manufacturers specifications
* The role will involve the handling, stripping, cleaning & inspection of dirty and used components and in addition the role will involve the removal & refitting of equipment into static & mobile chassis groups in the field.
* The role will also involve the use of computer based programs and general Microsoft operating systems to diagnose faults.
* You will be expected to support other workshop activities as and when required.
* To carry out work activities in accordance with their supervisor or line managers instructions and to work in accordance with the rules, regulations, health & safety requirements as laid out in the company employees handbook
* To ensure that good time keeping, good housekeeping and high standards of work are maintained at all times
* You will be required to fill out in detail engineers reports including Fault codes, vehicle details and your repair process within 24hrs of completing a job
* As a representative of the company you will be required to maintain a professional approach to your work at all times
Qualifications and Skills Required Include:
* Vocational Mechanical Engineering qualification or suitably qualified.
* Product knowledge would be desirable, but not essential at this stage as the applicant will receive in house product training as required.
* Good communication skills
* Ability to work on own initiative and to work as a team member.
* A current driving license
* Your own basic tool kit will be required, specialised tools will be provided by the company