Deputy Manager Playwork
If you would like to develop your leadership skills in childcare, then we have an amazing opportunity for you! Camp Glide is a growing childcare provider in the Redhill and Reigate area with three before and after school clubs as well as a thriving holiday club which we are looking to expand.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed person to provide safe and high-quality play for children aged 4 - 11 years of age and to actively support the Setting Manager in the development and daily management of our thriving and successful before and after school clubs.
We have lots to offer from incentive packages and company benefits to training opportunities and days filled with fun!
Salary: £19,000 -£20,000 per year (pro rata) We would consider candidates for a full time role or part time (covering club hours at a minimum)
We need someone who:
- Has NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent qualification in Play work, Childcare, Early Years or holds Qualified Teacher Status or is willing to work towards a qualification.
- Has a minimum 2 years’ experience of working with children aged 4 - 11 years
- The Deputy Manager will direct and supervise the Club staff with the support of or in the absence of the Setting Manager
- The post holder must have a good understanding of the relevant national standards and guidance for Out of School Care. An awareness of child protection issues and procedures is essential.
- The post holder must have effective communication skills to be able to inform, persuade, inspire and motivate children and staff and provide feedback for professionals and parents.
- The post holder must have effective organisation skills and the ability to perform administrative tasks.
- The post holder must be sufficiently computer literate to undertake tasks using computers, such as: payment processing, word processing and spread sheets.
You will be supported in the role through training and continued professional development.
Camp Glide is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure and other pre-employment will be carried out in line with our safer recruitment policy.