We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
Group-wide Internal Audit (GwIA) forms part of and complements, the wider Enterprise Risk Management framework of the Prudential Group. GwIA operates as a ‘third line of defence’ to provide an independent, reliable and objective control assurance to the Board, Group Executive Committee and Group Audit Committee on the overall effectiveness of Prudential Group’s systems of governance, risk management and internal control.
To advise senior management on the effectiveness of business processes, and controls and to work with management to identify improvements
You will be responsible for:
• Plan and execute audits from the Internal Audit plan including defining audit objectives and identifying key risks and controls and perform testing
• Documentation of audit workpapers and drafting of key audit documents
• Identify and communicate opportunities to improve business processes and controls with stakeholders
• Build constructive and supportive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Track audit actions to completion
• Support general Internal Audit plan encompassing Retail, Institutional and M&G Real Estate business units
• Support M&G Internal Audit management with management reporting across M&G and Prudential Group.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for you to have a principled and flexible approach, with strong team working and leadership skills. You will have the initiative, creativity and vision to progress within GwIA or to a line role in the organisation. It is essential for you to have experience of risk-based audit, process mapping and analysis along with the ability to work to tight deadlines with attention to details and rigorous logical thinking. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are looking for someone to have post qualified years in audit, risk consultancy or other relevant experience. A relevant qualification is essential (e.g. ACA, ACCA, IIA)
Salary: Competitive / Market Rate
Posing Date: 14 05 2018
Closing Date: 14 06 2018
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.