Personal Assistant - Part Time
Sanctuary Scotland manages rented and shared ownership homes across the country, including Glasgow, Cumbernauld, Dundee and Aberdeen. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Personal Assistant – Part Time
Freeland Drive, Glasgow
Actual pro rata salary of £13,006 per annum (rising to £13,690 after 12 months subject to satisfactory performance)
18.75 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association is one of the country’s largest social landlords. We provide around 6,500 quality affordable homes for rent and sale to those least able to compete in other sectors of the housing market.
We strive to ensure our investments provide sustainable benefits to the communities we serve. As a not-for-profit organisation any surpluses we achieve are reinvested in our homes and neighbourhoods. Our Investors in People accreditation shows Sanctuary Scotland’s commitment to being the best employer we can.
This is an excellent opportunity to provide a crucial supporting role to the Director of Sanctuary Scotland. As Personal Assistant you will work closely with the Senior Management Team, providing support from an organisational and governance perspective, to enable key operational objectives to be delivered.
The role of Personal Assistant will include:
- Preparing and attending meetings, including taking minutes and collating agendas as required
- Day to day diary organisation and mailbox management, ensuring urgent requests are prioritised
- Monitoring the completion of complaints in accordance with the required timescales
- Organising all travel and accommodation requests, as well as processing mileage and expenses claims on behalf of the Director
- Monitoring of office and expense budgets to ensure these stay within required limits
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience in a similar role, providing full support to senior level managers is essential
- Strong organisational skills with an excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience of working on own initiative
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate at all levels
- Understanding of the importance of discretion
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel (or similar)
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent salary is £26,013 based on 37.5 hours per week
To view the Job Profile please click here
Closing Date: 29 May 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association Limited, a charity registered in Scotland No. SC024549, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.