EMEA Deskside Support Engineer
To provide a professional on-site Second Line deskside IT support service for the London offices, including Microsoft desktop technologies, basic hardware troubleshooting, meeting room and computer room management, network patching and application support for core applications. To action incidents and requests escalated from first line support, in support of Colliers business requirements and to agreed support hours Monday to Friday.
This should be in line with internal incident, change, configuration and project management processes to agreed Service Level Targets. The role is based in the London George Street office and provides onsite support to all London offices. Occasional travel to other offices as necessary in line with business requirements.
Incident / Request Management
- Ensure that incidents and requests are resolved where possible in a timely manner to meet the defined Service Level Targets.
- Promote the resolution of incidents into Service Desk where possible, by assisting colleagues unprompted and pro-actively sharing knowledge through the publication of quality knowledge articles and clear resolution documentation within the incident tickets.
- Escalate issues to 3rd line support as and when necessary either EMEA 3rd line or external service providers ensuring they are driven to meet service level targets and communicate the status via regular updates to the incident ticket and where necessary to Incident Management.
- Provide support for all incidents and service requests of all IT systems/services
- IT support using Skype for Business, telephone support and "At desk" support
- End to end ownership of all IT incidents and requests including being responsible for all communication and the technical resolution
- Follow the escalation process to ensure a consistent and professional IT support service is offered to the company
- Manage all user administration tasks such as joiners, leavers and changes
Change and Configuration Management
- Follow the change management process to ensure changes to the Desktop infrastructure follows the agreed process and do not cause unplanned outages.
- Work on assigned tasks associated with the Change process
- To manage and maintain the accuracy of the Desktop infrastructure components held in the Configuration Management Database by following the agreed configuration management process.
- Involved in project management process from inception through to transition to "business as usual" as the point of contact for Service Delivery team, as directed by line manager
- Participate as a project resource as and when required to provide Desktop support and where required deliver the solution within agreed timescales
- Ensure participation in project activity is approved.
- Attend and provide onsite support from all London offices as required
- Attend at Tech Expert events as and when requested
- Provide proactive onsite training i.e. technology events, tips of the week etc.
- Provide support for client meetings and AV setup
General Operations Management
- Support of VMware Virtual Desktops, Desktop PC’s, Laptops and MS Surface Pro’s
- Management/Support of remote working
- iPhone, iPad, Windows and Android Phone support
- Manage onsite Server Room in line with IT Processes and tickets from EMEA Infrastructure team
Deliverables and Measureables
- Provide a professional, approachable and technical IT support service to the company
- Ownership of all incidents and service requests managed by 2nd line
- 85% of incidents resolved within OLA
- 90% of incidents resolved within SLA
- 90% of incidents responded to with OLA
- Feedback from team members and customer satisfaction questionnaires
- Regular performance and development review
Qualifications and experience
- Analytical problem-solving skills to follow an incident or problem through to resolution
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
- Use initiative with a positive and can-do attitude
- Identify business impacting incidents and escalate according via the escalation process
- Ability to communicate effectively with a confident telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail and in all written communication
- Tactful and diplomatic when dealing with pressurised situations
- Able to manage own tasks across various areas and prioritise appropriately according to SLA to meet business deadlines
- Ability to work effectively alone and within your team/group or project, under the appropriate supervision
- Maintain good working relationships with all members of IT
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Flexible approach to role
- Highly motivated, willing to continually update knowledge and skill set
- Ability to liaise and communicate with all levels within IT and across the business
- Technical documentation
- Knowledge management
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Windows 8/Windows 10
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Exchange administration
- Knowledge of ADSL and Wi-Fi technologies
- Knowledge of Apple and Windows Mobile devices
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Knowledge of all core applications including but not limited to:
- Cisco Telephony
- Email archiving solutions
- Knowledge of remote working solutions such as Broadband, 3G\4G and VPN's (virtual private network)
- Knowledge of building PC's and troubleshooting support issues