IT Service Desk Analyst
IT Service Desk Analyst
As an IT Service Desk Analyst you will be focused on the provision of first line IT support to all internal IT customers and client organisations. The IT Service Desk Analyst will be responsible for acceptance and classification of IT incidents, providing technical diagnostics and resolution at first point of call.
You’ll be highly organised, personable and knowledgeable in the key elements of IT Service Desk provision and Customer Service The role is customer facing and requires a professional demeanour at all times.
IT Service Desk Analyst responsibilities:
• Provide effective technical support to provide a seamless experience and rapid and effective first time resolution of end user IT issues to meet all KPIs and SLAs.
• Ensure support processes are documented and maintained and available in the most appropriate format for the target audience. Where required provide technical or process training.
• Record all calls on the IT Service Management application and respond professionally and efficiently to all incoming calls to the IT Service Desk, ensuring that Call-Handling targets are met, following established support processes at all times.
• Accept all incidents reported by the business and provide technical resolutions for network, email infrastructure, desktop, Intranet, Internet, server, and a variety of internal bespoke applications.
• Check and amend/update if applicable customers’ details on each contact with IT
• Perform ‘off-line’ support activities and pro-active infrastructure monitoring as required.
• Diagnose reported symptoms to accurately determine the nature of each incident for onward reporting, recording numbers, locations, systems affected, error messages, hardware and network details, and results of diagnostics. Assign unresolved incidents to Support Groups as per the Support Matrix.
• Accurately update and maintain Incident, Problem or IT Request records within the IT Service Management application.
• Escalate all high priority incidents to Service Management in-line with agreed criteria and process.
• Identify incidents with multiple occurrences or matching symptoms and pass to Problem Management for co-ordination.
• Utilise remote control support software to assist the role and also, provide best practice guidance to customers.
IT Service Desk Skills & Experience:
• Proven IT Support experience in a IT Service Desk, Operations or technical support environment
• Previous experience managing IT incidents using an ITSM workflow toolset e.g. ServiceNow, Remedy
• Demonstrates a good level of interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiating skills
• Demonstrates the ability to delegate effectively to more technical staff, whilst maintaining overall control
• Experience of working with suppliers, with at least 2 years working relationship 3rd parties
• Good working knowledge of IT technologies and infrastructures
• Demonstrable understanding of Continual Service Improvement
• Experience of building and maintaining good working relationships with members of other IT support and development teams
• Experience in a role where it was necessary to be able to prioritise a range of different tasks, managing own time whilst working to achieve targets and deadlines
• Good knowledge of IT infrastructure and applications
• Skilled in troubleshooting of the following technologies – MS Operating Systems, TCP/IP Networking, MS Office, Office365, MS Exchange, MS Exchange and MS Active Directory
If you want to be part of an awarding winning IT team and are passionate about providing an excellent service, then this could be a great fit for you. Click on the link to apply.