GLOBAL HEAD OF MIDDLE OFFICE - HEDGE FUNDS
About the Role:
The Senior Executive Vice President is responsible for managing a group of 50 people, reporting to the Global Hedge Fund Management Team.
A challenging and exciting role in a rapidly changing industry, providing enhanced middle office services to hedge funds in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, North America.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Developing and executing an Enhanced Middle Office Strategy to provide best in class servicing in respect of all typical middle office tasks including but not limited to affirmation, confirmation, collateral, treasury and settlement of all security types. An understanding of complex securities is an expected attribute of the candidate’s skill set.
- Working within an innovative technology environment and ensuring that our technology continues to be viewed as Industry leading and best of class.
- Understanding vendor tools and counter-party systems for the purposes of our Integration initiatives.
- Supervising and developing a global Enhanced Middle Office team.
- Analyzing and advocating for future resource requirements
- Maintaining existing strong relationship with other internal teams and building new internal relationships with client service and technology staff
- Partnering with training to deliver and develop appropriate content to staff
- Overseeing the documentation of the Enhanced Middle Office Operations procedures
- Liaising with the Internal Audit and QA functions to ensure procedures and processes are in line with best practices
- Prepare productivity analysis and reporting to management
- As a Senior Manager, you will also participate in Middle and Back Office initiatives to maintain the companies pre-eminent position in the market-place. You will be expected to maintain a thorough understanding of the products that our client’s trade as well as the systems used to deploy the services to our clients.
- Bachelor or master level degree in accounting, finance, economics or professional accounting designation (CFA, CGA, CMA, CA, CPA);
- 10-20 years’ experience in Financial Services with exposure to Product Control, Operations and Middle Office environments;
- Product knowledge, Domestic, Global and OTC security markets, Fixed Income and derivative product knowledge;
- Experience of managing people.
- In depth knowledge of complex hedge funds
- Exposure to systems implementations and work flow process initiatives would be a distinct advantage.