Cover supervisor training, Manchester
Are you interested in a career in Education but wondering how to make your first move? Do you think a classroom based position would give you the skills and experience to move your career to the next level? Are you considering your PGCE and want to gain some experience in schools to support your application?
Randstad Education Manchester Secondary team are currently offering a free, one day training course to help increase the amount of Cover Supervisors available to our schools. The course is designed to equip people with the tools and mind set needed to be a Cover Supervisor. The training course will be conducted here in our office in Manchester.
The course will cover the following topics:
* The Cover Supervisor role and responsibilities
* What a Cover Supervision day looks like
* Safeguarding children
* Special educational needs and disabilities
* Classroom management and recognising behaviour issues
Once you have attended the course, you will have the basic skills and understanding of the Cover Supervisor role, and this will enable you to work on a casual, ad hoc basis, covering lessons and year groups in schools as and when teachers are absent. Cover Supervisors deliver pre-set work, which absent teachers have sent in order that their classes will continue to learn and be productive throughout the school day.
Following the completion of the course you have the following
* Strong behaviour management skills with the ability to keep pupils on task and ensuring a constructive working environment.
* The ability to explain, supervise and respond to any questions from pupils about work that has been set, regardless of subject.
* Be able to think on your feet, be flexible and improvise should arrangements within the classroom change at short notice, i.e. room changes, no cover work set etc.
* An awareness of how systems, policies and procedures vary from school to school and to work inside the guidelines, for sanctions, behaviour, delivery of work etc.
* A strong sense of teamwork, and having the ability to liaise effectively with colleagues, teachers and support staff around the school to ensure the smooth running of the school day.
There is a certain amount of flexibility as to when the courses can take place, courses can be run on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, and will usually run from 10am to 2pm.
Current courses will be run on the 20th June and the 11th July 2018.
If the Cover Supervisor role is for you and you would like to enrol on the training course then please do not hesitate to contact Paul Orechoff on . or e-mail