Firmware, Embedded, C++, Real-Time Operating Systems
A world-leading manufacturer of materials testing machinery are recruiting for a Firmware Engineer.
The primary responsibilities of the role are to work in a team, following a structured development process to design, write and test C++ firmware (embedded software) for controller hardware, and to work with project stakeholders to define requirements and specifications.
- Demonstrable programming skills and experience in C++ in a real-time operating system environment.
- Proven track-record of working in a project team delivering high quality commercial products.
- Ability to design, write, debug, commission and test software and firmware.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Visual Studio to write and debug C++.
- Experience of developing industrial control and monitoring systems (e.g. robotics, machine control, engine management systems, medical equipment).
- Knowledge of analogue and digital circuit design and experimental methods of evaluating a design.
- Successful use of Agile methodologies.
- UML - ability to create and understand Class, Sequence and State diagrams.
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement goals
- Ability to prioritise effectively when working on multiple projects and/or tasks.
- Good communication skills within the team and at all levels within the company.
The role offers a basic salary in the region of £35-45k with a comprehensive benefits package.
Please apply for a prompt response.