IT Infrastructure Support Engineer - Southampton - £30K Neg
IT Infrastructure Support Engineer - Southampton - £30,000 p.a. Negotiable Plus Excellent Benefits
Are you a highly experienced IT Infrastructure Support Engineer with an extensive background and hands-on experience in implementing and maintaining IT systems? Are you competent in supporting Exchange servers, virtualisation, networks, telecoms and storage infrastructure requirements to a high quality?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-end organisation in the education sector who is keen to appoint someone comfortable in working within a highly technical and project-oriented team supporting around 1500 users.
You will be responsible for:
- contributing to the development and implementation of new systems, hardware and software
- ensuring IT systems are configured and managed effectively as well as resolving issues
- configuration and management of the network infrastructure whilst managing security
- testing failover systems and procedures for devices and environments
IT Infrastructure Support Engineer Requirements:
- Must have a high level of up-to-date technical hands-on experience (technical certification would be advantageous)
- Advanced experience of virtualisation technologies
- In depth experience of Exchange Server and Microsoft Office
- Additional experience and knowledge of some or all of the following:
- Firewalls and network security
- Databases, ideally SQL
- Automated application tools
- Backup and anti-virus
- Networking including Wi-Fi, LAN, WAN
- Desktop application installation and support
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- IIS, DNS, DHCP
- Apple/iOS within AD environment
- Web technologies
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency
The salary for this position is in the region of £30,000 p.a. which can be negotiated depending on your skills and experience. Benefits include 23 days holiday increasing by 1 day per year to 28, plus all bank holidays, 7.5% company pension scheme, healthcare scheme including private medical insurance and health cash plan, 50% off independent school fees, free parking, and free lunch.
Working hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am - 4:30pm on Friday. Some out of hours work will be required occasionally with time off in lieu.
Contact Bond Williams IT Recruitment in Bournemouth to discuss this opportunity in further detail.
Keywords: IT Engineer, IT Support, Infrastructure Engineer, Server Engineer, Virtualisation, Exchange Server, IT Manager.