The successful candidate will carry out audit (around 90%) and accounts (around 10%) assignments as allocated by the Audit Manager. You will be expected to be involved in all aspects of the assignments from planning to preparing a high quality completed file for Manager or Partner review.
- Planning the Assignment, including the preparation/updating of the permanent file and briefing the team
- Preparing the audit assignment papers and budgets
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget
- Completing the audit programmes. Where applicable, contacting the client to arrange the timing of the assignments and attendance at stocktakes etc
- Preparing bank and other certificates
- Attending stock-takes
- Preparation of Corporation Tax or Income Tax computations
- Controlling the assignments and ensuring that each section of the assignment is completed within the agreed budget. Reporting to the appropriate manager at once if circumstances arise that may mean the agreed budget will be exceeded
- Managing the team whilst out on site to ensure team produces high quality work, are motivated to achieve high standards and that end of job appraisals are carried out for the team
- Presenting the Audit Manager with a complete assignment file with minimal review points.
- Accounts package drafted (letters/minutes/certificates etc)
- Detailed costing of time budget
- Management Letter points
- To clear review points and put through adjustments to the accounts
- To keep time records up to date on a day-to-day basis and complete timesheets on CCH
- Liaise with Tax Department and deal with any queries raised
- Any other task as reasonably required to ensure the smooth running of the job and the department
The Audit Senior will be a qualified ACA/ACCA with good technical competence including solid audit experience (min 75% of current role) on a mix of clients (corporate, charities, FSA etc).
Experience within a Mid-Tier Practice preferable and applicants must be a car owner - owing to the location of the client base. Knowledge of current UK GAAP accounting standards essential.
Highly IT literate including Sage and Caseware experience an advantage.
If this role sounds of interest to you then contact Callum MacRae on or email with a copy of your cv.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of four distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance and ProHR