Supply Chain Associate - Warehouse Ops - Lutterworth M/F
Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares, is hiring for a Supply Chain Associate – Warehouse Ops. The right candidate will have prior experience hitting quantitative performance standards, analyzing data, problem-solving and interacting with multiple software interfaces at one time. In addition, multi-task, relationship building, as well as strong written and verbal skills are a must. Other critical success factors for this role include the ability to think outside-of-the-box, maintain a positive attitude, be self-reliant, remain flexible in daily responsibilities and conduct oneself professionally at all times.
- Utilize various internal software tools to research and resolve a large volume of inbound exception tickets, such as product shortages and overages, on inbound shipments from external suppliers
- Engage external suppliers and internal stakeholders via phone and e-mail to solve immediate operational issues
- Resolve outbound order fulfillment concerns, including shipping questions, back-order inquiries, and more, using a variety of software tools
- Manage a complex workload and hit key performance targets daily
- Meet or exceed current internal standards while identifying areas for proactive improvement
- Consistently project a high level of professionalism
- Recognize, document and alert Warehouse Operations Supervisor of ongoing issues or trends that require escalation
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time-to-time by the Company and/or Warehouse Operations Manager
Required skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain and/Logistics or a relevant business degree
- Good analytical skills
- Good problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Excel and ability to learn new systems quickly is a must
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems or purchase order systems is a plus
- Successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Strong desire to be part of a team, while achieving personal and company goals
- Reliable, consistent and self-reliant work habits are necessary
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential
Please note, this is an office position located within a warehouse setting. Daily work may require interacting with/visiting the warehouse floor.
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Skills Logistics, Supply Chain, Warehouse Management Systems, - MS OFFICE Excel, ,Strong analytical skills