Senior Incident Manager
Becoming a Senior Incident Manager with DCC Smart Metering:
Location - Ruddington, Nottinghamshire (Travel to other DCC sites would be required)
Competitive Salary and benefits
The DCC is actively seeking a highly skilled, experienced and motivated Senior Incident manager for the opportunity to join one of the most talented and dynamic teams in the UK supporting this prestigious programme.As a Senior Incident Manager you will manage the processes for Incident Management and Major Incident Management to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations and customers.
What you will do:
- You will have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and have the drive and determination to absorb a significant amount of information to ensure high quality incident management is delivered.
- You will have an appreciation of the technical aspects of the infrastructure and the experience to drive outcomes in high pressure situations.
- Able to drive behaviours and articulate plans in difficult situations. Your experience of incident management from a comparable environment will be essential.
- Act as the first point of escalation for incidents from the Service Desk Manager/On-call Supervisor
- Under MIM events supports the Head of Incident Management in convening a call bridge meeting, coordinates and brings together all relevant parties needed to achieve resolution; and issues timely status update communications to stakeholders
- Undertakes Major Incident Reviews (MIRs), and engages Problem Management team in chronic / repeat issues investigations to support Root Cause Analysis (RCA) providing input as required
Your experience will include:
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all the activities required to perform, monitor, and report on the IM and MIM processes
- Remediate deviations from the process across the supply chain
- Promptly communicates and escalates to the Head of Incident Management any issues which require their attention
- Acts as point of contact for all Major Incidents (outside business hours, this will be on a Rota basis)
- Monitors and manages own workload and that of other incident managers/analysts, reporting to the Head of Incident Management
- Identifies, initiates, schedules and conducts Post Incident Reviews (PIRs) for non-MIM incidents
- Attends Change Advisory Board (CAB) or Emergency CAB board meetings if required
- Directly responsible for working with Service Desk and suppliers to ensure accurate recording and reporting of incidents
- Determines if an incident needs to be escalated according to priority and severity of issue.
- Supports the Head of Incident Management in validating the Service Providers claims of service availability by understanding the incidents held within DSMS Remedy
- As a 24/7 service, the senior Incident Manager may be required to work during non-core hours in support of Major Incident cover.
- Knowledge and understanding of service management in the energy sector would be advantageous but not essential.
About DCC Smart Metering
At DCC Smart Metering we've built the data and communications infrastructure that will support the mass roll out of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small businesses across the country. The world's most ambitious smart meter roll out will see over 53 million smart meters installed across the UK by 2020. Join us and you'll be part of a team that is supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future.
DCC Smart Metering are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising to 25 days after 2 years and to 27 after 5 years), a discretionary annual bonus, car allowance or company car, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts. Located at our Ruddington (Nottinghamshire) office.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.