Finance Manager - Newly Qualified Accountant
£35,000 - £38,000
A new opportunity has been created with one of our clients, in Edinburgh city centre. This is a newly created opening, created on the back of both organic growth and a slight re-structure, so as to provide greater strength and depth within their Head Office Finance function.
· Full ownership of year end reporting pack for auditors
· Preparation of draft statutory accounts for specific Group entities
· Preparing monthly management accounts, Inc. P&L and balance sheet reconciliations
· Monthly analysis of variances between budgets and actuals
· Assisting with the annual budget setting process
· KPI reporting and analysis
· Preparing cashflow forecast for specific entities
· Oversee compliance and governance activities
My client’s preference would be to appoint a Newly Qualified Accountant, who is currently working in Practice and is now looking for their first move into industry. Given the all-encompassing, end to end nature of the role, it is the perfect opportunity for those looking to make that first move into industry. The role will evolve considerably over the next few years, for a range of reasons, and will therefore appeal to those who are looking for continued progression over the next few years.
The Finance Director, who you will report in to, is looking for someone who will come with a positive can-do attitude, who will support both him and the wider team. At times, the role will involve getting the sleeves rolled up, and the need to take the lead on certain tasks out with the day to day remit of the role. The successful individual will be a driven, positive individual who will also come with the ability to carry out certain leadership roles within the team.
My client would like to move fairly quickly on this particular appointment so I would ask that those who are interested, please submit an application at the earliest opportunity.