Location: Bingham, Nottinghamshire, NG13 8FA
Salary: Competitive, DOE.
Contract: Full time, 37.5 Mon - Fri - 09:00-17:00 or 08:30 - 16:30 with half an hour for lunch.
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus stats and a workplace pension.
Light Source is a leading managed service provider to the UK Telecommunications industry, which specialises in the design, build and implementation of fibre optic networks.
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to work as an effective member of the Finance team to provide an efficient, compliant Finance function for the business .
• Assisting the Finance Manager with all aspects of accounts production
• Sales Ledger - Raising of customer invoices, postings into sage and reconciliation of customer accounts
• Purchase Ledger - Raising purchase orders, processing transactions on the purchase ledger (invoices, credit notes, payments), supplier statement reconciliations and collation of weekly payment runs
• Analysis and posting of staff expense claims and payments, ensuring the correct usage of VAT and project codes
• Bank reconciliations, ensuring all transactions are recorded onto Sage
• Ad hoc projects working closely with the Finance Manager
• Assisting on month-end processes
• To act as custodian of financial records ensuring they are raised and filed correctly, and archived appropriately
• To undertake general administration duties and any other reasonable requests that may be required to meet the needs of the business
• To use best practice/initiative to promptly complete tasks and resolve any issues
• To develop working knowledge and understanding of the duties of other members of the finance team to ensure cover can be provided for annual leave or other absence
• To ensure that all of the post holder’s tasks are completed accurately, promptly and efficiently, and with the appropriate level of discretion/confidentiality necessary to effectively safeguard commercially sensitive or personal information
• To attend training/development sessions as required by the company
• To use the company’s IT systems proficiently, including the company’s Sage line 50
• To work effectively within a dynamic environment, and to assist in driving a continuous improvement culture
• To keep accurate, well-organised records of activity (including in relation to quality matters), in line with company requirements, at all times
• Other duties commensurate with the seniority of the role, as required by the company
The above-listed tasks are not exhaustive. The list above provides a general indication of the tasks involved. However, the nature of the business is such that roles are likely to expand and develop over time. All of the business’s employees must be flexible in their work, in order to meet business needs.
Competency/skill requirement and personal attributes for role:
• Motivated, enthusiastic approach (essential)
• Attention to detail (essential)
• Previous experience of working within a finance team in a commercial environment (essential)
• Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles (essential)
• Good general level of education, including good literacy and numeracy (essential)
• Experience of working to stringent professional, finance and quality standards, and keeping records demonstrating compliance (essential)
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels (essential)
• Commercial awareness (essential)
• Ability to multi-task and effectively balance competing priorities, ensuring effective workload management and delivery of tasks to tight deadlines
• Good planning, organisational, administrative and record-keeping skills (essential)
• Initiative and proactivity (essential)
• Flexibility, with ability to respond positively and adapt to change (essential)
• Self-motivated with ability to work alone, remain focused and use initiative to make logical autonomous decisions (essential)
• Ability to work effectively within team (essential)
• Customer focus (essential)
• Attention to detail/accuracy in work (essential)
• Competency in using common Microsoft IT platforms/systems, including Microsoft Office Suite (essential) and Sageline50 (desirable)
• Resilient, with ability to work effectively under pressure and within time constraints (essential)
If you feel like you have theskills and experience to be successful in this role then apply today!