Senior Credit Risk Analyst
An opportunity to join a forward thinking and experienced credit risk team as Senior Credit Risk Analyst within a global business to business finance organisation
- Underwrite the high value and complex risk transactions for in a timely and accurate manner within delegated underwriting authority or making recommendations to the Senior Management team where outside of personal mandate.
- Perform detailed analysis of credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk, using a range of underwriting tools and templates.
- Ensure that all credit acceptance terms and conditions effectively mitigate risk and meet the risk policies and lending appetite of the business.
- Make recommendations for the ongoing development of systems, processes and business procedures to provide improvements in efficiency and operational effectiveness.
- Organise and deliver deal forums involving the Senior Risk and Operational Teams.
- Attend regular cross functional team meetings to represent from a risk perspective and stay up to date with the future opportunities, identify market trends and risks and discuss and provide steering on day to day issues.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers in order to optimise business effectiveness without compromising risk management imperatives.
- Undertaking client visits to assist sales in relationship building and deal negotiations.
- Training, mentoring and providing support and expert advice to Credit Analysts and Junior Credit Analysts.
- Identify and research new business opportunities such as assets, market and sectors and present possible solutions to Management as well as creating and utilising cross divisional opportunities.
- Keep up to date with current regulatory requirements demonstrating commercial acumen in analysing the impact of these and making balanced risk decisions.
Skills & Competencies Required For This Role;
- A minimum 3 years credit underwriting experience with the business finance sector
- Excellent analytical skills with in-depth knowledge of financial accounts and statements a sound presence of commerciality and business focus
- Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly highlight relevant issues
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and manage time effectively.